Coaching is a process that aims to improve performance and focuses on the present rather than the past. A coach is not an expert but just a facilitator of learning.
There is a huge difference between teaching someone and helping them to learn. In coaching the coach is helping the individual to improve their own performance. In other words, helping them to learn.
Coaching strongly believes on the fundamental that “Every coachee has the capability to find their own solutions for their problems. They just need to be guided.”
A coach will
- help set your goals /aspirations and co-create ways to achieve them
- work with you to get a fresh perspective on things
- work with you to craft your purpose and determine a positive sense of direction in your life
- work with you to bring out the best in you
- explore possibilities for any challenge in your life
- help you resolve pending conflicts within you
- help you develop a new behaviour that you desire to exhibit
- work with you get over phobias and allergies
- help you find your self-confidence/ self esteem
Coaching is a process through which a coach identifies the areas that you are stuck with and works towards finding a solution. A coach works on the principle that “you have all the resources within you”. He /She does not provide solutions to a problem but works with you to find your own solutions. A coach works towards creating a healthier future for you than curing the past. Life Coaching focuses on the present and the future and not much on the past and hence is very different from a counselling or psychiatric treatment.